Each type of blow dryer attachment provides a unique, useful function allowing your to create various hairstyles and textures.
Perfect for those with wavy or curly-hair. Diffusers reduce the intensity of the air flow for more gentle blow-outs and reduced frizz. The prongs on the diffuser can be used to lift the hair to help preserve the hair’s natural curl pattern and build body and volume. Some have soft prongs, which allow you to message your scalp while drying your hair.
How to Use
- Began drying your hair at the roots using a circular motion, always moving in the same direction, and using a low heat/speed setting.
- Make sure to keep the dryer at a upward 90 degree angle from the scalp throughout the drying process as this will help lift the roots away from the scalp creating volume.
- Finish by drying the ends. Use the diffuser to scrunch the ends towards your roots. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat.
- Always leave your hair slightly damp and let it air dry. This allows your hair will retain some moisture and helps to keep curls intact and frizz free.
For Added Volume
- For added volume dry your hair upside down so that the roots fall away from your scalp.
- First focus the air flow at your roots until dry.
- Then continue the process to the ends of your hair.
Recommended for shaping and those looking to smooth or straighten. Concentrators are available in various shapes and sizes and help you to direct the air flow into a specific area on your head for more styling control.
How to Use
- Dry small sections at a time by placing a round brush underneath the hair at the roots.
- Position the hair dryer at a 90 degree angle focusing the air flow down the section and brush from root to tip following with the dryer. Repeat this process on each section until completely dry before moving to the next section.
- Finish by turning the ends under and set your by blowing a “cool shot” through your hair.
- You can also use a lower speed setting with a higher temperature to speed up drying and keep your hair from blowing all over.
Just like a hair pick, blow dryer piks are used to create volume, body and lift, but also may be used to smooth overly curly hair. Shorter hair needs a shorter pick, and for longer hair, look for longer prongs.