Curling irons and hair straighteners are two of the most popular tools used by women. Open a girls beauty drawer and you are sure to find one if not many different types and sizes. Here’s the deal, the majority of irons are full of gunk from the products we use in our hair on a day to day basis. When this happens, you may notice that your irons are not as effective as they once where. A simple way to prolong the life is to clean it properly every few uses!
You will be amazed at how easy it is to remove all the residue with the right cleaner. Not only will your appliance work to the best of it’s abilities but it won’t pulling or snag hair preventing any split ends or added damage.
The Cleaner I Recommend
Hot Tools Styling Iron Cleaner This cleaner is specially designed to remove any tough buildup and product residue and is safe for use of barrel and plate types (cermaic, tourmaline, titanium & metal).
How to Clean Your Styling Irons
What You Need
- A clean cloth
- Protective gloves
- A gentle, scrubbing brush (if build-up is excessive)
- Appliance cleaner
- Unplug the iron & make sure to let it cool completely
- Apply gloves to protect your hands
- Holding the appliance over a towel, spray on the cleaning solution
- Let sit for up to 10 minutes to loosen the build-up
- If necessary, gently scrub with brush to remove excessive residue
- Wipe with a luke warm damp cloth
- Repeat steps 1-7 if necessary
- Note – Follow the directions on the bottle exactly to avoid injury. Be very careful that the barrel is not on or hot when attempting to clean.
After cleaning is complete your irons will look and feel like new. But most importantly they will work great, last longer and your hair will be healthier.